* Today we announce the beginning of a new media campaign in the Journal of Week – who, when and how did involve in the ”bank robbery of the century”.
At least two representatives of Vladimir Plahotniuc left deep signs in the theft of a billion of dollars from the bank system of the Republic of Moldova. One of them declares that he was used by corrupted bankers and politicians of Chisinau.
The radiography of companies involved in the bank robbery of 2014 brings to light the fact that the persons who appear in this scheme are also present in other big scandals. In all the cases it is about the acolytes of oligarch who is the president of the Democratic Party.
- Viktorija Zirnelyte. Accountant specialized in establishment and administration of companies in fiscal paradises on behalf of anonymous persons. She was representing the interests of Vladimir Plahotniuc in the offshore company Maxpower Invest Limited between 2011 – 2012 years.
- Participant to the establishment of the company Fortuna United LP – final destination of money stolen from the Moldovan bank system in November 2014.
Fortuna United LP is a an offshore company of Great Britain, registered in Scotland which according to financial detectives of the international agency Kroll signed on November 26, 2014 a contract with Social Bank. A Sale-Purchase Contract with a huge value of 18,3 billion MDL. The transaction object constituted the credit portfolio of five companies affiliated to Ilan Sor with total value of 13,7 billion plus the percent which followed to be paid by debtors and an earnest payment of 3 percent of the whole amount.
The essence of this procedure consists in the fact that the companies of so-called Sor Group had no more debts toward the Social Bank and their loans followed to be fully paid by Scottish Fortuna. The offshore company has paid from the whole debt an earnest payment of 3 percent, and namely 551 million MDL. Kroll auditors have accentuated an important aspect referring to this amount of money. They have emphasized in their first report elaborated for the National Bank of Moldova that probably those 551 million did not come of financial activities of Fortuna, but also from the credit portfolio which the Scottish entity bought from Social Bank.
Evidence in this sense exists in the summary of the second report realized by Kroll. After following the whole route of money, the financial detectives identified that from the total value stolen by the group of companies of Sor, 39,2 millions of dollars were transferred to Fortuna United. Today, there is no-body who will return back the debt. The Scottish company is in a winding-up procedure. The fiduciaries who have established it announced British authorities about their partnership dissolving on March 2, 2017.
It is like a farmer who has a permanent client and he sells products him/her permanently in credit. He gives him/her a flour sack and he receives back a small part of his product, an earnest payment. He borrows again him/her a flour sack and he receives back a certain quantity of the same product.
- And this continues until the buyer gets the full storage in credit and the farmer – the empty granary. Here appears a new client, for instance a British citizen with the residence in in Scotland who volunteered to pay the credits, but also in rates.
- The Scottish citizen returns back a small part of the flour of the person who grew the wheat, takes everything that remains in the storage and disappears.
The role of deceived farmer was played by those three defrauded banks and Ilan Sor had the role of client abandoned to interminable sacks of flour in credit. Little is known about the company which played the final part.
Fortuna United, phantom-company which bought the right to collect from Sor group the debt of more than 13 billion MDL, plus about five billions as percent, was registered with legal address in this building with three floors in Edinburg, Scotland. With three months before the transaction with the billions of the Social Bank.
The registration documents of the economic agent were filed by another company, Royston Business Consultancy Limited, being represented by two partners, original from Lithuania, Remigijus Mikalauskas, a person we will speak about later and Viktorija Zirnelyte an ex representative of Vladimir Plahotniuc.
„A modest apartment with two bedrooms, on the ground floor of the building in the North part of Edinburg accommodates the mysterious company which has the right to collect the big amount of money which is supposed to be stolen from the ex- Moldovan Soviet Republic” – the journalists of BBC wrote in 2015 in an investigation about thousands of companies registered on the same address and wit the offshore holder of rights over the billions of MDL disappeared from the Moldovan bank system.
According to the quoted source, the apartment belongs to Viktorija Zirnelyte, original of Lithuania. We are dealing with a person who is specialized in opening companies and their administration for the benefice of some anonymous persons. It is a wide spread profession in the world of business, especially in the case of business of fiscal paradises and these persons are named also consultants for corporative business, administrators of accounts, directors/ nominal shareholders or simply, „fiduciaries”.
- They serve as a screen for the real owners of companies. Through the clients who were „covered” by Viktorija Zirnelyte with her name during her career is at least a citizen of the Republic of Moldova. It is the oligarch who is the president of the Democratic Party, Vladimir Plahotniuc.
- Zirnelyte represented his interests in the British offshore Maxpower Invest Limited, company where she had the position of nominal director between April, 2011 and May, 2012. In the middle of this period when she was administrating the offshore Maxpower, Zirnelyte signed a declaration where she disclosed the information about who is the real beneficiary of the company.
- In this document she mentions the fact that the shares of the company fully belong to Plahotniuc, Moldovan oligarch who has also Romanian citizenship. It is not a common practice that a fiduciary to disclose the information about the client, but Zirnelyte was obliged to do this action by the British justice in a process of raider attack produced in the Republic of Moldova in 2010 at Victoriabank, inclusively with the participation of the offshore of Plahotniuc, Maxpower Invest Limited.
- That taking over was or not fraudulent, as stated then ex shareholders, it is a separate subject which is still investigated abroad of the Republic of Moldova. The fact we wanted to underline by drawing attention to the scandal of Victoriabank of 2010, is that some of fiduciaries who appear in that file, appear also in the file of bank fraud produced in 2014 at Banca de Economii, Social Bank and Unibank. We speak about directors/nominal shareholders to whose services during the time made appeal Vladimir Plahotniuc.
Besides Viktorija Zirnelyte who in 2011 represented the interests of Plahotniuc in Maxpower Invest Limited and in 2014 participated to the establishment of offshore Fortuna United which assumed from Social Bank the debts of Sor Group in the scheme of „billion theft” meets at least with one more fiduciary of Moldova oligarch. This time we speak about an accountant original of Cyprus with the residence in Edinburg with several offshore companies opened on his behalf in Great Britain – Marios Papantoniou.
- The publication is not an editorial. It reflects solely the point of view and argumentation of the author. The publication is presented in the presentation. Start in the previous issue. The original is available at: jurnal.md