GEOMETR.IT jurnal.md 24.03.2016
The Political Party Platform Dignity and Truth continues to opt for a common candidate for presidency. In this way, the Platform Dignity and Truth continues the edification and the consolidation of the true alternative for the current government and the whole discredited political class, constituting the team of the most professional, upright and of good sense representatives of nation, selected transparently, democratically and in a meritocratic way.
Andrei Năstase, the President of the party
“It was decided yesterday that the “Platform Dignity and Truth” militates further for the fact that the reformist, anti-oligarchic and democratic forces to join their efforts and identify a common candidate for the presidential elections, so that the votes which represent the democratic electorate, that wants reforms and the country integration in the EU, the Association Agreement implementation, to have a common candidate and this electorate or these votes not to divide.
That is why yesterday, at the National Political Council it was taken the decision: the candidate of the “Platform Dignity and Truth” is the undersigned, and I took this thing as a mandate for holding discussions with other potential candidates and find the best solution for the eventual presidential elections”.
The recent decision of the Constitutional Court on returning to the formula of direct election of the head of state by the people, issued in the anticipation of an unprecedented success of the Platform Dignity and Truth, was adopted at the order of the oligarch Plahotniuc, under the pressure of the protests, just as a perfidious mean of avoidance of early parliamentary elections.
The continuous degradation of the banking sector, the exploitation in personal and party purposes of the state enterprises and of the public financial flows, the cynicism and the lack of respect for their own citizens took unprecedented proportions.
Censorship and manipulation, and even the criminal propaganda from the mass-media controlled and financed by oligarchy from the billions stolen from citizens have reached their peak, and the investigation of the “robbery of the century” has remained without finality, producing till now negative effects.
In this way, the National Political Council of the PP Platform Dignity and Truth DECLARES:
- For restoring the state institutions in the citizens service are imperatively necessary the provision of the conditions corresponding to a free and correct election, the organization of presidential elections according to the provisions of the art. 90 of the Constitution, in not more than 2 months from the moment when the function of head of state becomes vacant (March, 23, 2016), and simultaneously with these, the organization of the early parliamentary elections and the republican referendum of amendment of the Constitution.
- Any delay or obstruction of these democratic means of exercising of people’s sovereignty is the flagrant infringement of the Supreme Law, which will determine the PP Platform Dignity and Truth to actions of defense of the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova, through the amplification of the peaceful pressure on the government, urging, in this sense, the whole civic society.
- PP Platform Dignity and Truth will intensify its approaches and actions of removal from captivity of the Central Electoral Commission, of the Audiovisual Coordinating Council and other state institutions, putting them on the course of normality, according to the disposals of program and statutory, of the popular Resolutions and of the Civic Forum.
- PP Platform Dignity and Truth will continue to join its efforts of consolidation of the society together with the Grand National Assembly Council, with the participants at the Civic Forum, with the representatives of the adherent social segments, and that of the diaspora.
- PP Platform Dignity and Truth appeals to all political parties from opposition, with democratic, reformist and anti-oligarchic visions, regarding the proposal for the function of president of the country of a common candidate and is for starting as urgently as possible of discussions in this sense.
- PP Platform Dignity and Truth calls the development partners to a constructive dialogue with the PP Platform Dignity and Truth and with the responsible civic society in the view of removal from under the oligarchic control of the state institutions responsible for the organization and beginning of elections, especially relating to the citizens’ access to the census data, equal access of all electoral competitors to mass-media, the financing of the electoral campaign, correct formation of electoral lists basing on census data, combating of electoral corruption and the correct totalization of elections results.
- PP Platform Dignity and Truth will concentrate in the near future on elaboration of a set of proposals for the significant improvement of the social-economic situation of the country, but also in the view of elaboration and promotion of the draft law on Lustration.
- PP Platform Dignity and Truth continues the edification and the consolidation of the true alternative for the current government and the whole discredited political class, constituting the team of the most professional, upright and of good sense representatives of nation, selected transparently, democratically and in a meritocratic way, according to the desiderata of the Proclamation of the Grand National Assembly from September, 6, 2015 and of the Resolution from September, 13, 2015, being opened in this sense for dialogue and collaboration with all pro-European, anti-oligarchic and reformist political forces, as well as with personalities from the civic society, academic and cultural environment.
The Political Party Platform Dignity and Truth remain forever close to the country and its people. We shall see whether the these statements are sweet tales or honest declarations !